Sunday, February 13, 2005

On to Iran

While at church this am I ran into a former student of mine (I'm a teacher) who has just returned home on leave from the Air Force. We've been in touch since her graduation from high school and she is just a neat kid. Our conversation went something like this:

L: Hey Mr. M!
B.S. : Hi L! It's great to see you again . . . etc, etc.
B.S.: So, what's the plan? Where to next?
L: I'm not exactly sure . . . they told me that I'll be sent within two years to either South Korea or Iran.
B.S.: You mean Iraq, right?
L: No, Iran.
B.S.: But we don't have any bases in Iran. Do we?
L: No, but they seem to think we will soon.
B.S.: What! You mean invasion?
L: shrug of shoulders

So, Iran. But we've been assured by Condi that we've no plans for attacking Iran. How can this be? Get ready folks - four more years of lies and war. I'm so glad we've got Bush and God on OUR side.

sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home