Friday, March 18, 2005

Africa: I Have a Dream

allAfrica.com: I Have a Dream:

A dream for Africa from a Rwandan named: Gitau Muthuma. Please read his entire post.

"I have a dream, that the fallacy of aid to Africa will stop benefiting the donors more than the recipients, where the conditionalities are tied to sourcing materials from the donor; thus merely recycling the funds back to themselves.

I have a dream, that African leaders shall not be tempted to cling to power forever, in the mistaken belief of their messianic mission.

I have a dream, that 5% of the world's population shall see the immorality of squandering the lion's share of the world's resources while the rest sit back helplessly watching and starving.

I have a dream, that Africa will one day be one big united family, working for its benefit and that of the world.

I have a dream, that the lion shall lie with the lamb and the Kingdom of heaven shall be at hand.

I have a dream. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home