Sunday, April 03, 2005

Hogs In Ministry

Pastor Mark's Whole Story

This morning pastor Mark Daly from Hogs In Ministry came to speak at our service. His story is very compelling (see link). He gave his testimony about his ministry to bikers and the like. One thing that really struck me was when he spoke of seeing and hearing people getting "saved" at the biker rally Sunday service, then coming back months later to see these same people living exactly the same life as before. (drugs, alcohol, sex, crime, etc.) He used to do the same thing, professing with his mouth - and that's it. Use his "faith" to get what he wanted - (early release, money, sympathy) but then go right back to the old ways. It was not until he gave his life completely, until he was broken did he come to see the truth. God wants us to completely trust and serve in Him. Not to say - - Yeah, but I first need to move up in my career. . . or chase after this earthly goal. This is where I struggle. I want the security of pensions, a stable career, newer reliable vehicles, etc. when following Him doesn't require any of these things. I find myself saying things like: I'll "serve" more when the kids are older or when a particular project is finished - basically, when it fits into MY schedule.

Lately, I have been restless in my spirit. It's hard to describe how I feel. On one hand I feel the need to DO SOMETHING . . . but what? I have so many "causes" that I feel strongly about: the environment, peace, poverty, justice, along with finding my way as a "Christian" in an area where being a Christian typically means you're a conservative Republican (West Michigan) which I am not.

The other hand likes to have a quiet, predictable life. I have a wonderful family and a great career (teacher). The responsible side says keep going the way you are - don't rock the boat. But, my spirit is restless. I feel like I'm not pulling my fair share between God and I. What to do? What to do?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Met these H.I.M. people a couple of weeks ago at Biker Sunday in Alpena. Most moving and powerful message. I took it with me.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord my Brother, it is only when we feel uncomfortable that we begin to receive or 'hear' from the Lord. You stated that you had many causes that were dear to your heart, but I did not hear that you felt prompted to be carried into your callng. I suggest that you ask the Lord to reveal himself and His plan for your life. Just let him know that whenever he calls you will go.

Blessings and Shalom

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's something that Mark Daly won't talk about his x-wife and son Mark Jr.
I'm his x-wife Lisa. I was married to Mark when he went to prison.That was the worst time of my life. I was left pregnant alone in Eastpoint, FL with noone.
But with my faith in God I climbed out of that pit. Mark Daly put me through hell back then.
I raised our son without Mark Sr. He didn't want anything to do with his son that hurt and scared my son. There were times when Mark Jr. really needed his dad but Mark never put his hand out to love him.
It's wild how some people still have cobwebs in the closet and look like a saint.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I recently was released from the Michigan Department of Corrections in May of this year. While incarcerated at Camp White Lake in White Lake, MI, Pastor Mark and the HIM team came to us weekly to share the word and their personal testimonies. I will have to say that being a christian myself it was encouraging to know that we all fall from grace but it is only through God's grace we can get back up and continue on. I can understand the bitterness from his ex, but as a christian we are to forgive and remember that during those times of hell in our lives we don't focus on the ones we love we only focus on the drugs and the lifestyle we are currently living. I am truly blessed that I was able to get to know Mark and very encouraged by his story. I know that many girls in the prison system gave their lives over to the Lord because of his message and where he has been and how far God has brought him. Thank you Mark for all you do. God Bless

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that Mark's ex-wife might need to do her own inventory. Where was she while her husband was incarecerated seeking to change his life through fellowship with God. Was she standing beside her man taking care of family business in his absence? Sounds like she is a very bitter woman who needs to ask herself what she did to save the relationship. Before God many of us make tremendous mistakes and fall short not only to God but to their family obligations. Maybe she needs to ask herself did I stand beside my him or did I fail him myself. Better do your own inventory before you start doing anothers...

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa Daly.......I knew you back in those day's....You found God?

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that no matter what your life may have been like. There is no reson not to show love to your childern. If you are going to talk the talk then walk the walk. at all roads in your life no matter what. your can not preach the word of GOD and do what you want. remember that child didnt ask not to have his father around mark choose that!!

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa you're a titty dancing w****

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home